Thursday, August 9, 2012

365 days 206-209

 8-6-12
I decided I wouldn't wimp out and get that darn standing on my head picture.  Except I also decided that it would be smart to fake it, so the part of my torso you can't see is draped across the couch.  Still pretty flexible for a woman my age if you ask me.
 8-7-12
Just a typical day of piano and violin practice during the magic hours - the Dude's naptime.  When she starts all day school in September, I don't know what I'll do.  Really, I'm a mess about this.
 8-8-12
What young mother doesn't love to take a whole gaggle of teen girls to a friend's house to learn how to cook over fire AND bring her kiddos along??  The dude managed to not end up in the fire or the river, and WonderGirl mostly kept her mouth off the girls (she likes kissing and licking them, yech) so we had marshmallows to celebrate.
8-9-12
The husband brought beets and cabbage galore back from the ward garden so I've been tasked with making more borscht.  Now, I can understand the mad burn (and later, massive blister) on my right hand, but the blue hand on my left has my baffled.  Cooking and I just don't mix.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I'm gonna go with pink from the beets and some green from the cabbage to make an odd blue/purple color?

Cath said...

If it makes you feel any better, I once forgot that I had just taken a cast iron pan out of the oven (seriously, like 90 seconds later) and grabbed it to move it. I cried for at least an hour. Hands hurt!

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...