Blarg. Let's sum things up with a handy dandy bullet list:
• Survived a big night of churchy young women-ness last night. I almost didn't - but help arrived in the nick of time in the form of the husband, pizza and a fabulous tossed salad. Things went well and we are off the hook for another big to-do for a few months, but I still feel like I'm mediocre at best in this calling. Living in the middle of nowhere is rough for those who show up, y'all.
• I may or may not be going to Portland for a wedding tomorrow, depending on how our babysitter is coping with a stomach bug. Im terrified to go and leave the kids and terrified to not get to go at the same time. Again, living in the middle of nowhere is rough. I miss my mommy.
• It snowed. %#$&. I got to race to Walfart early this morning for a snow boot and snow pants run for WonderGirl. I know I should have grabbed some pre-first snow of the season, but I've been in heavy denial. Winter in the Midwest needs a punch in the face.
• The pregnancy insomnia won last night. I've been fighting it for months but now that it has its durn foot in the door, I'm in for it. Although on the plus side, my new heartburn medication seems to be working!
• I started my crazy pills a few days ago. We tried this whole "take the antidepressant during the end of pregnancy and then maybe she won't get depressed!" thing, but it totally didn't work. So let's try it again! And adding new chemicals into a pregnant woman's bloodstream is always so much of the funs, yes? In the last 24 hours I have cried at every conceivable thing. All the things.
• I just drank a creepy weird orange sugar drink and now I'm waiting around in the doctor's office to have them test me for gestational diabetes.
• This morning when I went on the snow clothes run, I nabbed myself a Hershey's cookies and cream candy bar because I felt ridiculously sorry for myself and those are the only candy bars I can eat right now. But then I remembered the diabetes test and realized if I ate a candy bar for breakfast, I'd probably fail the test. So I didn't eat the candy bar yet. This is huge, because I have zero willpower. ZERO. I'm dying here.
• I typed this all on my phone! Award please!