Thursday, June 27, 2013

summer time summer time sumsumsummertime

So I am officially OKAY.  NOT BAD.  DOING REMARKABLY WELL.  This weather is amazingmagicalbeautifulneatosuperdeduper and I find myself not wishing that the entire universe would curl up and die.  Seriously - daylight ROCKS.

Something else that rocks - being able to run out of the house at any given moment without the process of putting layer upon layer of clothing onto 3 children.  Ug, boots, coats, underwear... it's just plain miserable.  Not now!  Slap on some shoes, let's go!

I've turned into my mother - I am almost giddy at having a few extra hours in the morning for chores, walks (that's actually one of the chores on my list), leisurely violin lessons, and the general NOT rushing out the door-ness of summer.  I don't have time to do my own chores because of baby being a baby who pends most of his time rolling over and being horrified at being on his face and a Dude who needs coaxing and threats every now and then, I mean -  2 full weeks of making his bed and he still cries every time because he just.can't.do.it.  

But I don't care!  Because it's summer!  And I get so spend non-rushrush time with my mini-humans who I really, really like!  They play in the sprinkler every day without supervision!  Watch Bill Nye and eat popcorn every afternoon!  Read books for hours! Whatever we want!  It's summer!

We really, really need to A. Move somewhere without winter and B. Move somewhere with school that starts 2 hours later.  And the older they get, the more I feel like a real mom who can do real activities like those things they have in Family Fun magazine where are the neat, well-dressed, racially diverse children laugh merrily while playing group games outside and no one is freaking out because someone else's turn was 3 microseconds longer than theirs.  And in a few more years when Thing 3 is out of the running-away-from-us-at-every-opportunity phase (still waiting for the Dude to pass that one) we can go on an actual vacation!  I feel so alive!!!!

Oh, and this happened:


My parents are back from China!!!  And mom is coming to visit for two whole weeks!!!  There are not enough exclamation points to describe the giddy!!!  I mean, I'm exhausted from all the full-time mommying but the mommying I do is so much awesomer than the mommything I've done in the past that I still feel oodles better than any day off in February!!!  BECAUSE I'M NOT COLD AND BURIED UNDER 10 FEET OF SNOW!!!  ALL THE HAPPY THINGS!!!!!

That is all.  Off to have another kick-butt summer day!

1 comment:

Jane said...

I miss the days when summer meant something. Without kids and all the grown up over here, July is nearly the same as November.

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...