Monday, May 11, 2015

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY DAGNABIT


Womanhood and motherhood look different in every woman.  I've met many who just seem to take to it like a duck to water, but after being a mom for so long, I've learned that it's a crazy endeavor for everyone anyways.  To anyone who has been reading this since I started this motherhood thing, it's pretty obvious I was not a duck.  I'm still not a duck, but I'm getting closer.  Motherhood was not something that has come naturally to me, and that's even before the insane breastfeeding psychosis and mental problems that are kept at bay by a large amount of daily medications (and chocolate).

That being said, I've been blessed far beyond what I deserve.  For all the mistakes and messes I've made of these poor kids' lives, they came to me brilliant and resilient to compensate.  I mean, for someone who clearly did not have any idea or inclination of how to be a mom, I sure did end up with some freaky awesome humans.

And that is why I believe in God.  He knows me, He knows them, and He is with us.  I can't do this on my own, but with Him, we are doing it.

Happy Uterus Awareness Day!

2 comments:

Jane said...

I love your quirky spin on the traditional! Uterus Awareness Day!
The thing none of us get - ducks or not - until the kid(s) arrive is that they are complete and total entities before we're even involved. We aren't creating them, we're merely caretakers of a whole package already in motion.
Glad you got such great ones!

Pisceanchick said...

Awww!

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...