Friday, September 25, 2015


This was the awesomest, softest astrotuf I have ever beheld.  I really, really, really want some.  The grass in Texas hurts.  Super pointy.  Also, fire ants.

You guys, my kids are sad.  It's okay to be sad.  But this is a new kind of sad.  They wake up and are kind of okay.  We laugh, dance to some silly GoNoodle videos and I tell them I love them a lot.  Then they go to school.  I wait 8 hours.  Impatiently.  Then I pick them up.  They aren't smiling.  WonderGirl hugs me really tight.  The Dude is looking at the ground.  I take them home and we snack on treats.  We snuggle.  The smiles slowly return.  But not all the way.  We read, snuggle hug and kiss, and then they go to sleep and it starts all over again.

We are trying really hard to make life cheery.  We go to the beach, we sneak out for treats, we swim, we have dance parties with a wicked cool laser.  But school is just... intense.  It's cold.  I can't describe it.  They come home sad.

I put these notes in his lunchbox:




But they still come home sad.  Moving is hard.

2 comments:

M said...

:( Sorry to hear they're having a tough time. It's never fun to watch your little ones struggle with something you have no control over. But it sounds like you're doing your best! Good job, Mom!

Pisceanchick said...

I remember moving when I was 8 and my brother was 6. I was forced to play with him at recess until one day a girl said hi to me and we have been friends ever since. I know it doesn't help if people in Texas also have an accent? That is extra hard when you sound different. Tell them keep hanging in there and things can only get better.

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...