Wednesday, November 4, 2015

quality is overrated

We all know I am an obsessed mamarazzi, yes?  I decided long ago that when it came to photographing my family, it was quantity over quality.  I decided that after we scheduled and paid for a photo session where our darling daughter went psychotic for the next 4 hours.  I still genuinely don't know why, but I knew then that if I wanted to get any decent shot of my family, it would not be a scripted moment.  They just don't play thataway.

So hence, my 365 project - now in my 3rd year of a picture that involves at least one member of my family every day.  They are definitely not all winners - but it's consistent, which is pretty huge for me.  Consistent is NOT one of my deals.  Consider a few of the At Least There Is A Picture For Today shots from just this year so far -

I was seconds from falling asleep when I remembered I hadn't taken a picture for this day - grabbed my  phone and came in juuust under the wire.  Inspiring, no?

I really did forget this day - I was in an absolute panic when I realized that, and then I found that the Dude had taken a silly video with my phone while waiting in a doctor's waiting room.  Screen cap!

I don't even remember what this was of, but it got taken and therefore it counts.

And then there are a few winners...






If you take a bazillion pictures I think I'm close to that) then it stands to reason that there would have to be at least a few that speak to your memories.

And ge this - just a few weeks ago - this child - this human who was nowhere even a twinkle in my eye or ear or anything when I started blogging - turned 9.



I KNOW.  AK.

But the point is - you should totally try it.  There's a TON of quantity, but there's a little quality in there too.  Just a thought.

3 comments:

Jane said...

I'm of the same mind when it comes to photographing kids.
(Thank goodness for digital - can you imagine if we were still using film?!)
Take a zillion so chances are better that one will be good.

Cathie said...

But where are the pictures of you?

Cathie said...

But where are the pictures of you?

Resolute

Back in 2015, I woke up too early one morning, tired and miserable.  I said a wee prayer for guidance to help get me out of this haze.  Cle...