Wednesday, April 23, 2008

100% Awesome.

I have NO idea how this came about, but the name “Ric Flair” came up last night in conversation, and then the issue that I had no idea who this was became an issue, as SexyHusband used this as evidence that I was a dork.  (BTW, he was some kind of wrestling dude in the 90s.  I’m not even dignifying this with a link to wikipedia for you.) 

Moi: “Excuse me, I’ve never even heard that name and I am SOOO cooler than you.  Who the heck knows who a fake wrestler is anyway??”

SexyHub: “Everyone. I’ll bet all of your brothers know who he is.”

Moi: “It is SOOOO on- I’m calling them right now.  You’re gonna owe me 20 bucks.”

First call was to oldest bro - “Huh?”  sweeet.  Next call was to youngest bro - a more emphatic “Huh??”  I didn’t know which number to call for middle brother, so I made youngest brother call him and call me back.

I plotted out how I was going to spend my moola while I waited for the phone to ring, along with mocking SexyHusband for being such a maroon.  (pronounced “maroooooooooon”)

Phone rings - it’s youngest bro.  “You’re out 20 bucks, sis.”

“What’s that you say?  Sweet!  Honey - you owe me 20 big ones!” 

Confused brother on the phone says louder “No, he knew who it was. You lost.”

“Aweome.  I won 20 bucks!”

Really confused brother tries it again, louder and slower - “You lost -he knew who it -“

I turned away from SexyHusband and hissed “Shut it!!” then louder “Woohoo!  I’m a winner!!”

Brother finally gets it. Heh.  That boy has no guile whatesoever.

And SexyHusband didn’t even wise up until I told him about 30 minutes later.  That’s about how long I can keep a secret when it involves me being insanely smart and awesome.

Heh.  Who cares if he thinks I lost.  I know where he keeps the twenties anyway.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...