Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I'm not

a strong woman.  I need validation and approval far too much.  If I ever let go of that need, I could conquer the world.  Well, not that far - I’m not a very smart person (it’s true - it takes me forever to figure out most basic things).  But I could tackle my demons and achieve my dreams.


Instead, I’m weak, doing very little for anything else in the universe except for this tiny beautiful girl who has suddenly learned empathy.  That’s such a comfort.  Tonight she tried to stop my tears by jamming her fingers into my eyes.  It didn’t work, but the thought was incredibly sweet.


If only I could disappear.  I hope she’s nothing like me.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...