Friday, June 13, 2008

recap of insignificant proportion

Ironic how I get on people’s backs who don’t update, and then I don’t for a whole week!  Just to get everyone caught up to speed on my life, the highlights of the week were:


1. WT talks SO MUCH.


2. WT throws fits in public now. Apparenly, she’s the first child to ever do this, given the looks of crazed people glaring at me in disapproval.


3. We’re doing good getting our 72 hour kits together in case of an emergency, seeing as the whole planet is having all these crazy freak things and it’s inevitable that it’ll be our turn soon.  We still keep arguing about food storage, because we know we need it - but SH is not convinced that we need to spend thousands of dollars on fancy canned cheese.  Hey, that’s all I need!


4. I taught a class for 2 days on rock violin for a orchestra camp.  It’s something I used to do a lot of, but it’s becoming more and more clear that I am a old, old woman.  That and I can’t figure out all my cool electric violin toys out anymore.  Oh, and I’m jonesing for a new electric violin.  It’s between a cool acoustic electric - like the Epoch - or the reliable solid body electric Yamaha Silent.


   Â

I have played an Epoch and I remember thinking the acoustic sound was nice, plus the violin is weather resistant - you can even get it in carbon fiber instead of wood!  But the Yamaha is reliable, plus has a few preamp settings like reverb already built in so it has a nice sound.  But it feels so akward, and… well, everyone has one.  I’d kind of be following the crowd and all that.  I have one from the first year they made them, but it has some glitches I couldn’t stand so I gave it to Dallin.  Hrmmmm…..


5.  I’m leaving today for an overnight gig.  No baby, no husband, just Tres de Solei and me.  I’m excited because it’s so fun to play and it’s a pretty big gig for our small crew, but I am disheartened by the fact that I can’t get over looking like a MOM.  It’s so blasted hard to find comfy cute clothes for the ridiculously tall.  Le sigh.


Okeedokie, gotta pack!!  Now Y’ALL post!!!

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...