Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy freaking Birthday

So last night, LittleMiss was walking out of my house with an armload of al my fanciest clothes while SexyHusband was coming home.


“What on earth is she doing?” saith he.


“She’s got a fancy function to go to so she’s going to see if something I have will work for a ensemble.”


He thought for a second, disapeared, and then returned with a card.   “You’d better open your card now.”


“But my birthday isn’t until tomorrow.”


“Just open it.”


I figured it was because he’d given me some news that put me in a sour mood all day and if I read a nice card I’d be all lovely again.  Iopened it  - read the sweet words, and then found…..


TWO TICKETS TO WICKED FOR TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



LittleMiss screamed along with me and handed me the pile of clothes - “You need anything out of here?”  That’s why I’d needed to open it then:)


HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He’s going WITH me too -that in itself is a miracle and the coolest gift he could have given me.  In turn, as crummy as the news was that I’d gotten beforehand, I was nice the rest of the night.


And today when WonderToddler and I went to the kiddie gym to play, she kept rinning up to me, throwing her arms around me and saiying “My friend!!! I love mommy!!”


Yes, I’m 29.  I’ll do the year recap later - but right now, it’s turning out to be a pretty decent year.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...