Wednesday, October 1, 2008


If you ever read CJane or her sister Nie, you might have been like me and slightly irritated at their incredible writing style, awesome sisterhood, huge blog following, crafty skillz and good looks - and inspired by their devotion to their families and insistance on finding the positive in motherhood.


In August, Nie and her husband were in a plane crash that kiled the pilot, and both she and her husband were severely burned and injured.  Her husband is up and moving slowly, but Nie is still in critical condition as she was burned over 80% of her body and there are a lot of things to still happen before she will be out of the woods.  Her sister, CJane - who has a newborn - is caring for 3 of Nie’s children and another sister has their youngest.


I read as much as I can every day and pray for them and am filled with gratitude for love their family has for each other.  If you have a moment, go read some of their entries and be awed as I am at their perspective and strength.  It’ll make your day better, I promise.


                                 


As a person whose family has recently gone through the death of a loved one, it hits me a little hard how amazing her family is at finding ways to help.  Our family is blessed, but I still wish I could do more.  It feels lovely to watch their love for each other and feel buoyed up by it.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...