Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I feel lucky to be alive today. But not for the reason you think.


Oh, there’s the relief at the end of the election and such an exciting finish, albeit obvious.  But it pales in comparison to a little incident I had this morning.


Involving my awesome new blender.


Â

And a kitchen knife.  I refuse to give details because it makes me look even dumber than I already am. 

* No sweetie, I did NOT break the blender.  Just the knife. *

Suffice to say, I feel blessed to be alive today.  Despite my attempts to the contrary.


In other news, I have a new arch-enemy. 




Yes, America’s darling, David Archuletta.


I wasn’t up watching the news last night.  I’d prayed, done my voting, and I didn’t need any pundits telling me what was obvious the moment Hillary conceeded and the Republicans nominated someone Republicans don’t even like.  We get Time and Newsweek, I knew everything they were going to say. I really wanted to like a candidate, and I think they’re both honestly wonderful people, but I just couldn’t agree with either one on enough.


But that’s not the point.  Why was I awake, listening to Conference talks to try to lull me to sleep?  Why was I up until 2am??


The non-stop “You know this crush ain’t goin’ a-Waaayayayay!!! A-Waaayayayay!!!” running through my head.  Over and over and over and over.  Stupid Archuleta’s stupid single and stupid me for getting distracted while switching through the radio the other day long enough to hear the ear worm that is the chorus to “Crush.”


I was so annoyed, if I had wanted to stay up that late I would have turned on CNN and tried to care!  I blame Archuletta for everything that I do wrong today.  That includes the blender/knife incident.


SexyHusband has a arch-enemy too.  It’s Dave Matthews, and it even involves a complex argument that mentions the word “anti-Christ.”  It’s pretty funny.


It’s nice to have something… a goal.  TO CRUSH.  ARCHULETTA.


Heh.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...