Tuesday, November 4, 2008

sappy. maple syrupy sappy.

I can’t get over this feeling of how blessed I feel today.  I am really, REALLY so thankful and happy, I just can’t stop smiling.


I voted this morning - I have struggled with the decisions I had to make, and have prayed about it for weeks.  In the end, my small vote may not amount to much, but I knew what I was doing was right.  I am so grateful to have these amazing people to have my back and to remind me what is important.


There is the incredible husband who loves me and provides for our family amazingly… who’d have thought I’d get married, and that he’d not only be funny and weird, but also so devoted to the gospel and me and be our daughter’s very best friend?? (that’s what she told us!)



Who is at this very moment locked in our music room playing “My Name Is Jonas” on his electric guitar.  So. Blasted. Hott.


And then there’s the amazing women I have in my life…



My mom and aunt who sacrificed so much to give me everything I have now.  And even after all the crap we’ve flung at each other, they still love me and counsel me when I will let them ;)  They gave me a gift - they taught me how to play violin from age 3 on - and it’s only now I understand why.  It wasn’t so that I’d be a concert violinist, it wasn’t for fame or fortune - they wanted me to know how to work, how to achieve excellence, and have a skill I could bless others with.


And I’m a MOM, people!  I keep forgetting that and getting bogged down by all the things I simply cannot do with a toddler in tow - like spend a day at H&M or even walk into a Dots anymore - but they remind me that what I’m doing is vital and sacred.  And that nothing I do is more important than to give her a strong foundation in the gospel and in music so she’ll be able to weather what comes our way.


I can’t come up with anything else to say.  The world may come crashing around us tomorrow, but I have wonderful family and the gospel to lift my spirits.  I had another person today ask me why every “Mormon” they meet is so blasted happy.  I can’t speak for anyone else, but following all those annoying commandents makes life a lot simpler in a lot of ways.  Lots of bullets dodged and lots of blessings.  Can’t say I would want it any other way.


Sorry for being so dang sappy!!  Why are YOU happy today??

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...