Monday, November 17, 2008



Photo of moi, circa 2006 and 7 months along with WonderFetus


Do any of you remember my post this summer on the family blog where I told everyone to go ahead and get pregnant because we were considering getting knocked up around then and we could all do it together - wheeee!!!?


It was an act of trying to be interested in having another one. Trying to psych myself up, as it were.  Since then, 4 couples have announced their pregnancies.  I got 4 people pregnant!!  And they all said “We took the challenge so now we can be pregnant together!!”  Whereas I am still unbaby-fied and am still on the fence about the whole idea. I’m not freaking out - I know it’ll happen when it is supposed to happen and if I worried about it I’d be a mess.  In fact, every morning I wake up and thank my lucky stars I’m not pregnant and I only have one little demon to manage.


I just feel slightly guilty about 3 things:


  • WonderToddler really ought to have a sibling somewher near her age, and at this point there would be a 3 year difference.  The longer I wait, the more she misses out…

  • I got all these people pregnant under false pretenses!!  Don’t have a baby because I said so!!  People are weird.

  • I don’t feel bad about not being pregnant - I feel the opposite - and I think I’m supposed to feel guilty about that?

I really feel peaceful about the whole thing because I know it’ll happen when it is supposed to happen and like leaving it up to you-know-who.  I know my Heavenly Father loves me and will not give me more than I can bear - and that includes extra fetuses.


Oh, and for some more drama on the family front - check out SexyHusband’s post on the famblog today

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...