Tuesday, December 16, 2008

good things can come in tall packages

 I am tall. Not scary tall, but I can reach stuff on the top shelf and see over people’s heads at the movies. It’s a good thing.



A few years ago when I was dating I had a few boyfriends who were baaarely taller than me actually request I wear flats. They didn’t want to look short. Even though they were. Gah, I felt so bad about my body and it contributed to my crazy weight loss problems. I never cared about their height - I knew I needed someone so awesome on the inside that if I got caught up on a few inches I was shooting myself in the foot.



Then, I got lucky enough to meet a guy who loved me, put up with me, made me happy, the whole deal. He even tricked me into marrying him, so that was cool. In 4 inch inch heels, I’m the taller one, but he loves it and makes me feel like a goddess.  He adores my body, and in turn, so do I.  Dang I’m a lucky girl.


So to the teenaged girl who came up to me last Sunday at church while I was talking to my sexy husband in my almost-as-sexy Italian purple crocodile stilletos and yelled aghast - “You’re taller than your husband in those!” like I had committed some crime agains fashion - you poor thing.  So sad you think your attractiveness is contingent on being shorter than a guy - SO thankful my husband loves my long limbs :)

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...