Thursday, December 11, 2008

tender mercies

Today marks one year since Megan’s passing.  One thing that routinely hits me is something Elder Benar spoke of a few conferences ago - the Lord’s tender mercies.  The little blessings Heavenly Father gives us while we’re struggling through the big stuff.  We lost a wife, a sister, a mother, a friend, and along the way, we’ve gained friends and family and seen service and love I could never have imagined.


I’m amazed at the growth and acceptance I’ve seen in my family this year, and it has strengthened and taught me muchly.  I wouldn’t wish this situation on anyone, but I wouldn’t want to go through anything like this without my amazing family.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...