Monday, February 16, 2009

deepness

Hope y’all had fabulous a Valentine’s Day!  Despite my feeling like a blimp and being overly cranky and tired, SexyHusband managed to make the holiday special as usual.  This year he gave me the most incredible gift - A LETTER.  Not just any letter - a love letter.  Oh My SNAP!  He is really good at sending me sweet texts and e.mails all the time, but this was an honest-to-goodness-all-about-the-first-time-I-saw-you-I’m-so-crazy-in-love-with-you love letter.  I’ve already re-read it about 47 times.


The heart shaped box of chocolates was also appreciated, to a slightly lesser extent :)


I love how he’s so anti-establishment, so crazy, and yet he always finds the sweetest ways - yes, even on that capatalist holiday - to let me know I am special.  Yay husband! 


My dear friend Watoozi over in Brasil made a fabulous post on finding success in marriage (she’s actually qualified to do so) that you simply must read.  The only thing I’d add that I’ve learned along my deep 4 years is something my mom taught me - “Do you want to be happy, or do you want to be right?”


That just means there’s a lot of stupid things I could (and have) argued and allowed to cause tension and a  rift between us that really aren’t important.  Do I want to constantly find things wrong, or do I want to be happy?  Because happiness, at least in my case, really can be a choice.    Focusing on being happy rather than whatever I’d want to argue about makes our home a happy place for everyone methinks.  Because my mom also had another saying - “When mama ain’t happy, ain’t NOBODY happy.”


I’m off to read my letter again :)

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...