Tuesday, February 17, 2009

odd thought

So you’ve heard about the teens in Britain - the girl who just gave birth at 15 and her 13 year old “boyfriend” (who looks like a baby faced 8 year old) who fathered the poor baby?  By the way, he was 12 and she was 14 when the baby was conceived - ug..?  There’s the obvious thing there - what parents would allow their adolescent kids to keep the baby and and not give it a genuine chance at a good life by putting it up for adoption???  There’s so many loving, wonderful couples who desperately want to provide for a little one - ug, give them a chance!!


But really, here’s my real thought… and this is, obviously, just the weird kind of thing my brain comes up with - but by now, 2 other little boys are coming forward and are claiming THEY are the father.  Both 15 or younger.  And they want paternity tests to prove it.  Now if I were a teenage boy who had done the nasty with a young girl who got knocked up, and then someone ELSE was getting the blame, responsibility and a whoooole lotta bills coming my way - I’d assume my morals were already out of whack and I’d be doing the happy dance o’ freedom.  Woohoo!!  Dodged that bullet!


I mean really… doesn’t that seem more in line with what a nutso teen would do?  The world is goin’ to heck in a wheelbarrow, that’s for sure…

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...