Sunday, February 1, 2009

Object may be more normal than it appears

After our wildly sucessful show Saturday night (a conference hall of over 500 quilting ladies??  best audience ever!!) we were packing up our gear when I was approached by 3 young, obviously drunk guys who wanted a picture with the chick in the kilt.  I was so surprised, I just posed for several akward shots and silently mouthed “HELP ME!!” to the fellow band members, who wouldn’t stop laughing.  They were mid twenties, not too much younger than me, and soooo proud to be “crashing” a quilt convention.  After it was over nonetheless, but they were too buzzed to notice.


Then, they tried hitting on me and tried to get me to go have a drink with them.  I got out of it, but was so uncomfortable I wanted to scream - “What??  I am a married PREGNANT mother!!!  You don’t hit on mothers!!”  I feel so WEIRD when I get hit on!  Don’t I have - besides my wedding ring - some kind of sign that warns that I am boring and matronly??


Talking to the singer this weekend, she had a funny but true observation.  Some people have a wild inside with a tame exterior, while I am completely different - this crazy fiddler with a huge mouth, who happens to be a devout Mormon and keeps from not only drugs and alcohol, but heck, even caffine and rated R movies.  I am SOOOO blasted tame, but that gets missed because I am also so blasted ME.  Reminds me of my Baptist bofriend in college who was in the mood to get “reborn” and decided to date me because I seemed so wild, he’d be able to “save” me.  Then he found out that of the two of us, *I* was the one that didn’t drink, smoke, do drugs, NOTHIN’.  Eventually I just bored him to death ;)


Gah, I have this problem with being nice to someone, but if someone tries to hit on me, should I be allowed to act on my feelings and drop kick them?

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...