Wednesday, February 4, 2009

(virtual) retail therapy

In an effort to cheer my spirits, I’ve been shopping.  No, too tired to hit an actual store with the WonderToddler, but web-window-shopping is just as gratifying.  Ahhh, thank you intraweb.


So my obsession of the day is a maternity swimsuit.  Not that I’m all about swimsuits normally, but last summer I got the world’s GREATEST swimsuit and the bar has been raised.  I mean, it may seem dumb to you, but having one shoulder be REALLY buff and one be not makes me a little lot self-conscious (due to years of playing violin on the left side and carrying the case all over town) and discovering a halter top brings the attention in to my NECK and away from the freaky shoulders, wooHOO!!


And the swim skirt - GENIUS!!  Most normal people do NOT look good in a brief style bottom - especially me - and the skirt was so flipping comfortable and made me feel super sexy.


So I gotta find something comparable - like I said, bar has been RAISED!  I tried to find a decent pic of me in the suit, and this gives something of an idea of what I loved about the last one:



Halter, skirt - all awesome.  So I’ve been scoping the web and this top looked cool - not too shabby.



But I can’t find any maternity bottoms that I like as much as my other bottoms though.  Don’t want briefs, and do NOT want a skirt with ruffles (blegh!).  So what about just buying a black pair and letting it just sit under my belly.  It sits pretty low anyway, so I think it’d work…



What do ya’ll think?  Stick those two together nad we have a functional suit?  I want to do swim lessons again soon with WT so I need something so I won’t stretch out my awesome suit that I will SO be in shape for by next year.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...