Tuesday, April 21, 2009

time e.mail machine

I haven’t gotten around to using http://futureme.org/, but I totally plan on it.  You write an e.mail there, and tell them when to send it to you.  I have this habit of working too hard to get wording to be all deep and junk so I haven’t even started.  But I’m thinking today me should write a letter to 3-years-from-now me.  The main points would be as follows:


I know you are probably thinking you should have another kid so the ages won’t be too far apart.  I can’t tell you if that’s a good idea or not, I’m just here to remind you how much pregnancy sucks.  Because there really is some chemical in your brain that makes you forget how bad these 9 months and labor are, and you obviously forgot because you actually did this to yourself again.  ON PURPOSE.  Right now, I (past you) amd laying in bed with my back aching, my belly stretching and hurting, and am trying to ignore the feeling of a fist made of fire punching me repeatedly in the chest via your throat.  And I have 4 MORE MONTHS TO GO.


So really, if it feels right, by all means do it.  Just trying to help you make an educated decision.  Oh, and I hope by now you are enjoying sleep again.  Because I won’t get to again until… oh crap.  WHY OH WHY IS THIS MY JOB?!?!


What will YOU re-warn your future self about?

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...