Friday, May 1, 2009

i play BIG in middle schools

Yesterday, yours truly was the keynote speaker (okay, the only one) at the afforementioned middle school Career Day - for how to be a professional violinist.  Mostly, I played violin a lot and showed off all the tricks I have to have to be able to play any style.  Nope, didn’t wear my vinyl pants like I am wont to do when I’m trying to make people think I’m awesome, I wore the only stuff that fits - REALLY Mormon-looking maternity Sunday wear.  I looked dowdy, as I have since the day my belly started sticking out.  My pregnant clothes suck. 


I played okay.  I still can bring the funk with my fiddle, regardless of how UNfunk my exterior looks.  And there were numerous requests for autographs.  Seriously.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...