Monday, May 4, 2009

I want a PARADE. or at least some cake.

This weekend I was a Good Person.  I played violin in a small orchestra for a church thing, reminding me how I detest playing in orchestras.  But I did it.  Because they needed someone.  Because I am a Good Person.


Then, in church, there was a nice lady sitting in front of me with 2 small kids that couldn’t sit still, and the poor lady was at her wit’s end.  So I took them to the nursery so she could sit peacefully through sacrament meeting.  That’s right - I watched OTHER PEOPLE’S CHILDREN.  Because I am a Good Person.


And today, I traveled to play violin in a friend’s grandfather’s funeral somewhere south of Atlanta.  I didn’t know the deceased, but I was planning on sitting though the service out of respect for the family after I played at the beginning and all that.  Because I am a Good Person.


But I have this problem - you know how some people faint at the sight of blood?  I cry if I see other people cry.  And I was at a funeral.  Crying people.  Like this pregnant woman NEEDS any excuse to cry.  I really, really planned on sitting through the service…. out of respect and all that.  But when the first speaker got up and started her talk by talking about the time her teenaged son died, I knew I needed to get out.  I slipped out the back, eyes full of tears for no good reason.


I’m still a Good Person, I did play my song and all that.  But I could really use some cake.  A parade.  Maybe I’ll just blog about what a good person I am and then y’all can tell me how awesome I am.  Seriously, an ORCHESTRA, OTHER PEOPLE’S CHILDREN, and a FUNERAL??!!


Dang I’m a Good Person.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...