Tuesday, July 21, 2009

pretty little package

all the loose ends are finally coming together -


We’ve been living in an furnished short-term apartment, trying to find a place out here to rent that isn’t falling apart.  Fast-forward a few miracles, we found a lovely new home with a park in the backyard that wasn’t even advertised - all word of mouth.  We move in a week from today!


Find a place to live?  Check.


I need to give birth, but I couldn’t decide on a hospital or doc, since there are 2 nearby that are both lovely.  I finally got health insurance paperwork today, so I called the one I’d decided on, only to find out they won’t take me because it’s too close to my due date and no doctors have any openings.  Eep.  So I called the other hospital and the only people who have space and will see me are midwives.  That’s pretty sweet - I hear they are nice.


Find a doc?  Check.


I wanted to put her in a preschool for socialization, but there’s no preschools for WT’s age group here so I thought I was out o’ luck.  Then randomly at the park last week, I ran into a lady who works at a daycare/preschool and told me about a program that they had that is crazy flexible that I could put WT in that is nice and structured and has lots of kiddos her age, so lucky!!


Find a preschool?  Check.


I REALLY wanted to get WT in a dance studio since she spends all her blasted time dancing, but the big studio the next town over won’t take her since she’s an October birthday.. grumble grumble… but lo and behold, I found a studio in our small town that has a 2-3 year old dancing class!!  Dancing lessons!!  Hurrah!!!


Something to tire WT out?  Check.


And then tonight there’s a Book Club thing with some ladies at church that I can’t do, because SH is out of town on buisness and I’ll be on kid-duty.  Then a lady in our ward with 3 little girls calls me up and offers to let WT come over for a pajama party with her girls so I can come and play.


Get a life and get WT a life at the same time?  Check.


Phew…. I’m so glad things are starting to come together.  Now as long as I don’t go into labor any time soon, we’ll be good to go…

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...