Monday, August 24, 2009

For a brief moment - both kids are sleeping.  I think.  The squishy one keeps grunting and the drama queen hasn’t kicked her wall in a few minutes.  I’m cautiously relaxed.


Today Jane left.  Headed back to the jungle and took my extra set of hands and her sanity with her.  And SexyHusband ALSO left, headed to some business meetings in New Jersery for 2 days.  So for the moment, I am outnumbered, barely a week out.  Ulp.


I’m tempted to delete the last 2 entries.  I swear, in the last week it feels like I’ve shed 13 layers of skin, pain and crazy.  Just when I’d go plummeting emotionally, something else on my body would go painfully wrong and the double whammy made me sink so much farther than I wanted to.  All the while there’s this baby to care for with new body parts to figure out, my daughter who I love more than life itself going crazy because she can’t understand why mommy is crying all the time and can’t hold her and all the changes she’s had to go through in the last few months (and for the record, I completely empathize - how DARE this new kid come in and take up her parents when they’d just gotten the one child thing figured out?!), and husband with a brand new job and all that additional stress.


 Labor is the easy part.


I think I’m starting to ease out of the shock though. I’m cautiously optomistic…

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...