Tuesday, September 22, 2009

styled out

I have this theory.  With many women and men, at one point, their fashion stops.  That’s the explaination for those people you see wearing pants with pleats at the waist.  And large bangs.  Et cetera.  I’m terrified of getting stuck on the 90’s.  What with that being when I headed to college - ahh, the golden years.


So lately, I’ve been trying to figure out what the heck is with fashion nowadays.  Trying to not get left behind - but, let’s face it, I’ve been busy.  SO I think I finally figured it out - it’s a vintage, 20s, 30s thing.  Structure, feminine accents and such.  Very Zooey Deschanel, who I’m pretty sure SexyHusband secretly has a thing for.



Which is fine, since I have a thing for Mr. Bean.



Problem is, I don’t think I can do this style thing.  I am terminally, a tee shirt and jeans girl.  I can’t stand shirts that button up or have collars - they just create drag and slow me down.


Ug - and I am a ballet flats, flip flops kind of girl.  Practical, as much as i wish I wasn’t.  I can’t chase kids in heels, and I have nowhere to wear them.  I have so many shoes from my pre-baby years that are high and fabulous.  I wore them to concerts, parties, even church.  But no more.  The only time I ever even dress up anymore is for church - and since SH has early meetings on Sunday, I have to single handedly get myself, a newborn and a 3 year old ready and out the door by 8:30am, so I’m lucky to get my hair dried, let alone gussied up.  SH wants me to get rid of all those shoes (there’s a lot of them), but to me, that signals the end of my stylish years. 


I really, REALLY hope baby vomit takes off as the new hott accesory.  I am all over that trend, baby.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...