Monday, September 7, 2009



(via lorenrochelle)


We had family here this weekend for the Dude’s baby blessing and a wonderful time was had by all.  Well, all except for the 19 month old cousin who WonderGirl (I gave her a new name, she’s not toddling anymore!) clocked in the face and got a fat lip.  But other than that, lovely.


Of course, when they left it was suddenly quiet and the silence seemed to say “You live in the middle of nowhere, with no friends! HA HA!”  Jerk silence.


I’m working overtime to stay positive, but it didn’t help that we had to take a shopping trip today because I do not own a single pair of pants that fit.  Yes, I gave birth 3 weeks ago, but not even my fat pants?  Really?  IThose pants were ginormous.  And not even the I-don’t-own-any-pants-that-fit pants I bought after WonderGirl was born fit.  It’s just demoralizing to have an entire closet of clothes that you can’t wear.  And to live in the middle of nowhere and have no friends.  And spend your entire day with a 7 pound screaming machine.  Oh he’s cute, but getting yelled at all day gets a little old, especially when you have no one else to talk to.


On plus side, I still live in America, have enough food to eat and running water, a nice car to drive and a husband who loves me.  Pfffft.  (that’s the sound of the air being taken out of the balloons at my pity party.)

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...