Saturday, November 21, 2009

Points of interest and irritation:

1. Hunting season started today.  Apparently EVERYONE here does it, which is why I am aware of this for the first time in my life.  There’s neon orange jumpsuits all over the place.  I think it’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever witnessed.  People, there’s a grocery store down the street with dead animals in it, go buy them instead of sitting in the cold damp outdoors trying to find some unsuspecting animal to shoot to make you feel all manly.  What, you can’t afford to buy the meat at the store and THAT’S why you and your buddies just spent a thousand bucks on guns and beer and gear?  Go to college, get a degree and a job that will give you enough money to buy the dead animals.


I’m not a vegetarian, just a suburbanite.  Living out in the sticks is just weirding me out like crazy today.


2.  There was a lovely little parade in Baraboo for the opening of the Christmas season.  They sure do know how to do these little things all cute and dandy in the small towns.  No one shot at us though, so that was nice. 


3.  The crazy people across the street REALLY want us to buy their house.  Crazy, old people who have a good case - they paid too much for the house, and already own a farm or something somewhere else and want to move back there to be near their daughter who has cancer.  I get it, and I feel for them.  But I just got through selling a house and the LAST thing I want to do is go buying a house here in the Middle Of Nowhere before we know where Husband’s job is going (stay here, or relocate, who the heck knows) and then have to try and sell a house out here in the Middle Of Nowhere.  Nooooo thankee. 


But they keep coming over to give us presents and tell us to come look at the house.  I am a shallow little libra with a love language of gifts and even I am sick of getting these guilt gifts!!  STOPPIT!!!!  She comes over a ever few days, hands me a bag of stuff and starts talking a mile a minute - she’s NUTS, people.  In fact, she saw the missionaries by our place this week and talked to them, and when she found out that WE were Mormon and knew them, she tried to talk them in to talking us into buying their house.  WILL THE MADNESS NEVER END?!?! 


4.  That is all.  I’m hitting the hay.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...