Sunday, February 14, 2010

Alternate Ending Montage : Napoleon Dynamite soundtrack (just a pretty instrumental I dug) We celebrated Valentine’s Day in our small, married way. Husband packed us all up and took me to the mall in Madison so I could wander H&M by myself for a few minutes. HEAVENLY. Also, so we could stop by Target and an Asian market to stock up on yummy snacks. Then, a sitter so we could get a nice dinner and grocery shop without begging WonderGirl to stay in the cart the entire time. Husband found a RockBand for Wii for super cheap, so as usual, my gift to him was letting him buy something totally pointless. If that isn’t super romantic, I don’t know what is. We don’t go all crazy over the top, but Husband always makes Valentine’s Day special. I feel bad for the it’s-a-corporate-invention-we-should-love-each-other-everyday-not-when-they-tell-us-to folks who won’t celebrate it. February sucks. It’s cold, and exhausting and miserable, and I love that corporate America threw a day in this crummy month where we get to put some red on, kiss our sweethearts and gorge on some chocolate. It makes the weeks less bleak. Of course we should love our sweet ones all the time, but what’s wrong with celebrating a little with them in the greyest month of the year? Heck, some years all we’ve done was have a quiet night in after the kid was asleep, but it was still a special date. Silly curmudgeons. Oh, and I looked SO FLIPPIN’ HOTT today at church. A day of red? Made for me.

Alternate Ending Montage : Napoleon Dynamite soundtrack (just a pretty instrumental I dug)


We celebrated Valentine’s Day in our small, married way.  Husband packed us all up and took me to the mall in Madison so I could wander H&M by myself for a few minutes.  HEAVENLY.  Also, so we could stop by Target and an Asian market to stock up on yummy snacks.  Then, a sitter so we could get a nice dinner and grocery shop without begging WonderGirl to stay in the cart the entire time.  Husband found a RockBand for Wii for super cheap, so as usual, my gift to him was letting him buy something totally pointless.


If that isn’t super romantic, I don’t know what is.


We don’t go all crazy over the top, but Husband always makes Valentine’s Day special.  I feel bad for the it’s-a-corporate-invention-we-should-love-each-other-everyday-not-when-they-tell-us-to folks who won’t celebrate it.  February sucks.  It’s cold, and exhausting and miserable, and I love that corporate America threw a day in this crummy month where we get to put some red on, kiss our sweethearts and gorge on some chocolate.  It makes the weeks less bleak.  Of course we should love our sweet ones all the time, but what’s wrong with celebrating a little with them in the greyest month of the year?  Heck, some years all we’ve done was have a quiet night in after the kid was asleep, but it was still a special date.


Silly curmudgeons.  Oh, and I looked SO FLIPPIN’ HOTT today at church.  A day of red?  Made for me.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...