Friday, March 12, 2010

just one of those days

le sigh… I give up.  Today just had crummy mojo.  I don’t want to write a long, morose entry.  My face feels crusty from all the crying (Dude and I were competing, he won by a whine).  In no particular order, some things that have made my day less than stellar:


  • I just took the Dude to the doctor because he only screams like that when it’s an ear infection.  But nothing, thank heavens, he’s just crabby.  Um, yay?

  • Oh, he almost killed himself twice today.  I found him choking on a cotton ball (still shaking over that one) and when I freaked out and cleaned the living room of all the little toys, he scooted himself in his walker to the edge of the staircase.  I have to childproof already?  And you know for the next year and a half at least (if I’m lucky) I’ll get to go through that lovely stage where he’ll alternately adore me and despise me for not letting him run/crawl wherever the heck he wants to.  I am so not up for this.

  • I’ve been blogging for over 10 years.  Seriously.  And in that time I have never had a reliable commenting system, and Disqus is pushing me over the edge.  Comments are like freaking Christmas.  You amazing readers kept me alive during the joys of PPD.  And when Megan died, the people who shared their comfort were amazing and so very needed.  And people I love have been having trouble commenting.  I’m missing out on Christmas.  DANG IT.  I am aarrggg, wondering why why why again again again (officially, I think it’s a problem with IE).  I don’t want to have to go to blogger, I dodn’t really dig it, but I just might have to.  And don’t say Wordpress - it makes my brain hurt.  Darn it, I like Tumblr.

  • I had this brilliant idea to distract me from how sad I’ll be on St. Patty’s Day, I’d throw a party!  I don’t know many people, but some people from church, maybe the people from my mothers of preschoolers group?  The more the merrier, right!  Then it hits me - WHAT HAVE I DONE??  There’s going to be over 20 kids here under 3 and I have to entertain and feed??  I can’t even entertain or feed my own 2 kids!  I think I’m going to be sick.

  • WonderGirl is currently in her room, screaming in agony that there isn’t another episode of Wow Wow Wubzy to watch.  Shrieking, kicking, spastic.  The horror.

Aaaaaaaaand, that’s a wrap.  I hope.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...