Thursday, April 15, 2010

intimidated

I’ve run into a few people in this life… well, a lot of people actually, who just don’t like me.  I’m starting to just let it roll off my back. Maybe because I have a whole bunch of hotties back at home who love me.


I had an exchange recently between myself and someone who apparently thinks little of me, and I told Husband about it when I came home.  The next day he came home and told me had a hypothsis about the whole thing.  I almost didn’t hear the rest of what he was saying because I was like “Whoa - he was listening yesterday??  Sweet!”   But the gist of his idea was that she was intimidated by me.


“Huh?” I said.  ”That’s ridiculous.  Who would be intimidated by me?”


“Well let’s see,” he said.  ”You’re well-educated, you’re incredibly accomplished, you are super hott and you have a mind-blowingly attractive husband.   That can intimidate someone.”


“But that’s not what indimidates me,” I pressed.  ”I know intimidating people, I’m not one.  I’m nice.  And I’m a mess.  Intimidating people do not go out in public looking like I do.”


“Whatever.”  He’d made his point and didn’t feel the need to argue it further.  


Thing is, I really am a mess.  My house, my life, my hair.  How in the world could anyone find this pile of me intimidating?


I’ll go with it though.  It sounds way better than annoying!

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...