Thursday, April 22, 2010

throwback thursday


I’m going to start a new thing here on the blog - Throwback Thursday.  Ever Thursday I’m going to post an oldie entry.  I’ve been blogging almost 10 years, and even though most of it is an embarrassing mess of hormones and angst, there’s some laughs if you dig deep enough.  Why not walk down memory lane once in a while?  It makes me intensely grateful that I am not 20 anymore.  Sure, I miss my old pants size - but that’s about it :)


Today’s snippet comes from October 9, 2001.  I was in my (second) senior year at North Texas and was dancing it up every Friday night at church dances, just like any decent Mormon rockstar.


 



So away from the cats, my life rages on. I went dancing with Danielle Saturday night and had a marvelous time.


Except for one incident that I hope women everywhere will be offended by:


I was dancing with one boy for a few of the last dances because he happened to know how to dance. Not dreamy, tall or fit, mind you, but a good dancer (you’ll understand why I’m not being terribly complimentary in a moment).


We were discussing lifts and arials and the fancy swing moves I do with MatMunch and my brother Rhys, when he asked how much I weighed. To see if I was too big for him to try a stunt with, I think.


I wasn’t insulted. I’m not freaked by that question. At least I wasn’t BEFORE.


So, I answered 135 because yes, I’ve been packing on the pounds and it’s better than still trying for 130.


So the guy dips me, lifts me back up and says  - “no, you’re about 140.”


YOU DON’T DO THAT. YOU DO NOT TELL A WOMAN SHE WEIGHS MORE THAN SHE JUST TOLD YOU. YOU DO NOT TELL A WOMAN THAT. I AM STILL FURIOUS. HE IS A STUPID MAN THAT DESERVES TO REMAIN SINGLE.


and I just told the entire internet world that I’m reaching 140.


I’m going to go drown myself in a chocolate shake.



………………


Big thanks to everyone who has already submitted your link for me!  I’m still a-working of my new layout but you just made my life much easier!!  You can still add it if you want - because I want to be reading you.  You obviously have impeccable taste :)  Merci!

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...