Tuesday, May 11, 2010

hello, my old friend.

INTRAWEB HAS ARRIVED.  Holy snap, 3 days without the intraweb???  My mind boggles.  So many blogs to read - so many status updates to stalk - so many random things to search for on Craigslist… I may go into some kind of coma from the sudden shock of having access to the actual world.  A few things to fill you in on since we last spoke:


I played mariachi and other such nonsense at a church party in a mini-band.  I sounded ROUGH.  Felt rough too.  A tad nervous about the gig next month.


We are completely moved out.  I now live in ClownTown.  No joke. 


I LOVE MY NEW HOUSE.  I LOVE IT.  I love the view from the front window, I love that we have Dish tv and not that creepy ghetto cable from Iceburg, plus having DVR in more than just the living room (watch my recorded shows in the couch in the living room?  Upright??  How barbaric!) I love having a bedroom of a decent size so I don’t have to crawl over anything just to go to the bathroom, I love the storage in the basement, the space of the garage, the awesome playroom, the short staircases…. I love it so much, I will overlook the fact that the drawers are all WAY too small and it’s in ClownTown.  And that at any given time, I can still step outside and see a herd of cows within 20 feet of my house.


If you are remotely near my size, please come over and take some of my clothes and shoes.  Because I own too many.  Any then I could justify that using that gift card I demanded for Mother’s Day on new ones :)  Mother’s Day was awesomeness.  I may have been dragged into this Mother thing kicking and screaming, but I gots me a babbydaddy who appreciates me and a kid that thrills in screaming “HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!!!” in my ear at 7am.  And a Dude who spends 19 of the 24 hours in a day flirting with anything that has a pulse. 


Being away from y’all for SO long, I gained a deeper appreciation for how much I adore you.  I love blogging.  I love YOU.  And no, I’m not high on paint fumes (not a lot, anyway) - I’m just grateful for all my amazing friends in this hawt red lapytopy (that’s how they say ‘laptop’ in Brasil - it never ceases to make me giggle).  You.   Rock.  I’ll get caught up on your blogs ASAP.  It’s kind of a compulsion.


Oh, and I’m still 30.  I know, it’s been so long you’d think I was at least 42.  Oh intraweb… I love you.  I’d make out with you but my screen is covered in tiny fingerprints.  So I’ll just make googly eyes at you.  Rowr.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...