Tuesday, May 4, 2010

spa day

I had the most relaxing morning.  I felt like a pampered princess.  Might I share?


First, I had a professional mover come and pack up a large portion of my kitchen for a few hours.  Okay, it was actually my friend Julie, but she’s moved around a ton like me, so she knows her stuff.  Being able to have a friend gab with while I try to make sense of the pantry was simply heavenly.


Then, I got to take a long, lovely nap.  Kind of.  My awesome friend Elaine (the Brasilian, gotta love ‘em) came over to watch my kids while I went to the dentist.   If you’ll remember back 2 years or so, I had that awful dentist that did awful work so I’m getting some things he messed up fixed.  And since that awful experience, I’ve been terrified to go back to a dentist, so this one has been an absolute dear.  And they gave me gas.  So I laid there, listening to the latest Star Trek movie that my dear hubby loaded onto my iPhone and didn’t mind one bit the dentist had a tiny drill in my mouth. (Also, the guy’s last name is Hatch - he’s not LDS, but he thinks it’s cute that I am since his family line was, so he is slowly going through telling me the life story of every Mormon he’s ever known.  It’s adorable!)


I know this sounds dumb, but that was the most relaxed I’ve been in AGES.  I haven’t been sleeping well for some weird reason and I’ve been all hyped up and stressy, but then they turned on that gas and I was like putty.  I can totally see why people are into that drugs thing.  It was awesome, plus I got to watch/listen to a movie without any “MOMMY!  BUDDYBUDDY IS EATING MY FACE!!” distractions.  And when the dentist did the drill stuff, the movie coincidentally was right at loud action scenes so I didn’t freak in the slightest.  I kept thinking “this is FANTASTIC!  I need to get dental work done every week!!”  Except now my jaw is a little sore, but you get the picture.  


How is it that packing and the dentist is like having my morning off??  I’m not going too deep into this, suffice to say that it was AWESOME.  I can’t wait to go back in a few weeks and have 3 fillings replaced!

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...