Thursday, May 27, 2010

throwback thursday

Inspired by Allyson’s last post, here is a gem of an entry from March 15th, 2001.  Remember, I was but a wee lass of 20 *ahem, I stand corrected - 21*  at the time.



So yesterday M and I were flipping through the channels on the tube when we somehow rested on the Home Shopping Network.  Same with the Christian channel, I think it’s hilarious to see these people in action. You know, the personalities pushing that stuff on the Home Shopping Network are alot like the people preaching on the Trinity network-thingy.


 *disclaimer - I am all about religion and am an active member of the “mormon” church - but dude, you know those people in those glass cathedrals are just FUNNY*


So anywho, they were selling this big Flamingo pin that you are supposed to wear on your blazer - tackytackytacky!! The body of the flamingo was pink saphires and the rest was gold, siver and cubic zirconia or something. Funny, crappy stuff you see grandmas wear.


but wait - they were selling it for 800 DOLLARS!!!!!  We almost died - DUDE, $800 for THAT?? I was so tempted to call them, and call I did.


her: “Hello and welcome to the Home Shopping Network - What product number are you interested in?”


me: “6783^&%*&^” (whatever it was)


her: ” Would you like to know some pertinent information regar-“


me: “No, I was just wondering if anyone has actually BOUGHT it.”


her: “excuse me??”


me: “I’m sorry, I’m a poor college student, but if I had 800 bucks I could NOT spend it on something that - ” *now M and I laughing so hard I can’t finish myself*


her: “Giiirl - we sell stuff like that all the time for MORE. You wouldn’t believe the junk these old ladies buy. Yeah, we’ve sold a few today.”


me: “*laughing hystericaly in the phone* that is the UGLIEST thing I have ever seen for 800 bucks…. I just needed to know if there were actually saps out there - thanks.”


her: “um… have a pleasant day and thank you for using the Home Shopping Network.”


well then…. on that note, off to a Concerto Literature midterm.


SUPERCRACK FEELS SMRRRRTT!!!!!


No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...