Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Death Cab For Cutie : Passenger Seat I don’t think DCFC can do a happy song.. there’s always some twinge - some brush of reality to taint it. Taint in the best possible way, of course. So when I heard this song for the first time, it actually made me weep. It’s pretty much the love song that fits my marriage the best. Oh, there’s hop up and down, scream with joy moments, there’s stand back and pass out from exhaustion moments, and then there’s these - the quiet ones where thoughts come out of your head and interject the silence with conversation, then pass back into that silence that can only exist with people who live in the safety of knowing that they are completey loved. The kind of silence that doesn’t need roses, marching bands or fanfare. Where all that is needed to keep you going is a passing smile. It’s the confidence to be still.

Death Cab For Cutie : Passenger Seat


I don’t think DCFC can do a happy song.. there’s always some twinge - some brush of reality to taint it.  Taint in the best possible way, of course.  So when I heard this song for the first time, it actually made me weep.  It’s pretty much the love song that fits my marriage the best.  Oh, there’s hop up and down, scream with joy moments, there’s stand back and pass out from exhaustion moments, and then there’s these - the quiet ones where thoughts come out of your head and interject the silence with conversation, then pass back into that silence that can only exist with people who live in the safety of knowing that they are completey loved.  The kind of silence that doesn’t need roses, marching bands or fanfare.  Where all that is needed to keep you going is a passing smile.


It’s the confidence to be still. 

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...