Tuesday, June 8, 2010



For this edition of Spotlight On My Stalkers, I thought I’d go in a completely opposite direction and talk about someone I’ve only met once.  Cathie and I met on the web at least what, seven years ago?  We were both blogging on diaryland (ahhh, the memories…) and ended up instant messaging periodically.  We both lived in Arizona, and yet never met up until the last night I lived there, when she came to hear me play my guitar and sing angry chick music at a Phoenix coffee joint.  She had a lovely smile and a totally lame boyfriend (ug, me too actually) and made one of the coolest nights of my life 172% even cooler.  I never before or since had a paying gig for me to sing - and hey, I know it was only so I, the local talent, would bring a crowd for the more talented acts after me, but it was a big deal.  The next morning, I was checking blogs and such, and she’d written about how it was nifty, and then QUOTED ONE OF MY LYRICS VERBATIM and said she’d wished the’d thought it up.  She heard my lyrics??  The ones that I’d slaved and cried and moaned over????  I mean, they were mostly crap, but that particular line I’d thought was quite clever, and in all my whining and moaning all night, she’d heard and remembered that?!?!  It’s what, 6 years later and the thought still warms my heart at least 3 times a week.


Oh wait - this was suposed to be about Cathie… alighty then:


  • She is so witty it’s ridiculous.

  • She is so smart it’s ridiculous.

  • She served a mission in Idaho and lived to tell the tale.  Barely. ;)

  • “I read something last night on five ways to save $500. I think my all-time favorite tip is “make more money.”  Thanks, guys.  WHY DIDN’T I THINK OF THAT?”

  • She recently got married to one of the luckiest men alive all on the sly.  That pic is of her updating her FB status on the big day - you should have seen the responses!  Huh??  You were engaged??  And now you’re MARRIED???  It was hilarious!

  • She is a receptionist, but I like to think of her as the gatekeeper.  This formidable, dressy “and WHO are you here to see?” lady.  That’s what I picture, anyway.

  • “Skinny belts.  They don’t DO anything.  They’re not holding up your pants.  They’re not keeping your shirt buttoned.  They’re…chopping your torso in half visually?  This is another reheated 80s trend.  Basically, I don’t like the 80s.  THE 80s WERE UGLY.  And if you’re going to bring back something, bring back HyperColor t-shirts!”

There’s so much more I can say, except she’s just so awesome it’s a little overwhelming to pick specifics.  Like the time I complained that my computer just have a AVADA KEVADRA button because it gave my computer the blue screen of death, and she said “Shouldn’t it make it go *green* screen?”  Seriously, that wit??  FanTASTIC.  Go stalk Cathie!!

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...