Monday, June 28, 2010



Sometimes I feel like a terrible parent because I know so many shortcuts.  Things I can do when I just need a minute to myself.  The fact that I have the entire PBS Kids schedule memorized, or that my now defunct iPhone has many MANY apps on it that I can throw at WonderGirl if I’m desperate to keep her quiet during church functions, among other things.


We’re at The Farm, my aunt’s place in Oregon, the most relaxing piece of heaven you can imagine.  So beautiful, so sweet.  No TV.  I feel my metabolism slow as I just sink into this slow existence, surrounded by distant mountains and gardens.  I love it.  But kids don’t need downtime as much as mommy/aunt, so I put them out there on a blanket to watch some Sid the Science Kid shows.  I feel so relaxed it should be illegal.


Never underestimate the power of a portable DVD player.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...