Tuesday, August 10, 2010

bathtime

The other week I put a few bubbles in the Dude’s bath.  I didn’t realize he’d never had a bubble bath before, and his reaction was one of reverent awe.  I felt… honored to be there as he carefully and joyfully touched bubbles for the first time and marveled at them on his fingers.  He looked up to me with the happiest face that said - “Thank you for sharing this with me!!” and stood up to survey this wonderful new world.  He clapped his hands and gurgled with pure glee as I almost passed out from the perfection of the moment.  And that’s when he joyfully peed all over the bubbles.


I actually love this job.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...