Friday, October 22, 2010

29+1 in review

Jane did hers, Cathie did too - and for the last 9 years or so, I’ve faithfully made a big long list on my birthday of the accomplishments and big things I’d done.  It was always fun when I got to mention all the countries I’d been too.  But this year I forgot, and then when reminded by J and C’s lists, I was struck with how little I’ve done.  Compared to years past.  But tradition is a tradition soooo..


Celebrated my 30th birthday in style in Chicago.


Discovered giving birth to The Dude had given me slightly curly hair.  And there was much rejoicing.


Got to spend Thanksgiving in CO and had my lovely family and friends throw me a surprise party which was quite the surprise, seeing as it was a month after the actual day :)


Survived a winter in Wisconsin.  Barely.


Spent Christmas at a waterpark resort which is also 15 minutes from my house.


Celebrated my 5th wedding anniversary.


Bought a house and moved to ClownTown (one town over from Iceburg).


Got to play a Scottish Festival with my former Celtic trio.


Got to go to Colorado and witness my amazing brother marry the most amazing girl that I totally set him up with *SQUEEEEE!!!*


Played in Oregon with my mom and my crazy aunt.


Survived Nauvoo in the summer TWICE.  Just barely.


Had The Dude turn 1.  Continued being ridiculously gaga over him.


Threw an actual kid party for WonderGirl’s 4 birthday.  And there was much rejoicing.


Got to spend my actual birthday with my parents for the first time since I was 17.  It was #%^$#%^ amazing.


Okay, the list doesn’t seem all that sparse,  although there’s no “Got my masters” or “Went to Australia” in there.  But as exciting as those years were, I’m a really big fan of the ones where I get to live in a nice house with a husband and kids who love me.  Who knew?

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...