Friday, October 22, 2010

the Dude is 14 months old.

I just got The Dude out of his crib after leaving him in longer than he liked this morning.  He was thrilled to see me.  I walked down to the living room and sat in the middle of the floor and put him down so he could roam freely.  He stood up, looked around the room, then turned around and buried his head in my lap, then began yammering in gibberish to me, as if to say “I’ve been waiting all night to tell you what I’m learning!  I sure do love you.”  And last night as I was putting the WonderGirl to bed, he toddled into the room, kneeled down in front of me and wrapped his arms around my neck and buried his head in my chest, then stood up and toddled back to Daddy, who was standing at the door with his nightly bottle.


To say I am head-over-heels for this little boy would be a gross understatement.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...