Sunday, June 19, 2011



Resting my tootsies at church. What a fantastic vacation this has been!! Originally, I’d hoped to go to Savannah and a few other lofty ideas on our trip to the ATL. But with a napping toddler, even heading across town is a Herculean effort (of course, across town is an hour or more trip, as opposed to the 42 seconds across our wee Wisconsin town). It’s not my season for that - we all know travelling with a toddler can be horrifically exhausting (we did attempt across town and oh… the humanity…). So we stayed close to the in-laws house, and have had such a wonderful, relaxing time.



Yesterday I had two shows at the most lovely Scottish thing in North Carolina, and the husband drove up to catch my evening show and then take me home in the wee hours of the morning so I could come to church today. We got to have dinner, and have some kid-free conversations… so heavenly!! I’m thrilled to be at church, surrounded by loved ones, and especially to get to spend Father’s Day with the beet baby daddy I’ve ever had.



Tomorrow morning it’s back to reality and cheese country, but for now I’m soaking up some sweet deep south and loving every second.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...