Wednesday, July 20, 2011

t-minus 4 hours...

A few weeks ago, we had some friends over for dinner when WonderGirl came running to us, screaming bloody murder.  It sounded like she’d cut an appendage off - it was a terrifyingly honest scream.  My reaction?  I turned around and yelled at the husband and our guest to tell me what was bleeding.  I couldn’t look - I just couldn’t.  Once someone got it out of her that she was hysterical because she’d swallowed a penny, only then could I look.  It’s not insensitivity - it’s just how I’m wired.


That’s pretty much why I was dreading July 15th and the last premiere of a Harry Potter movie.  Yes, I’m a grown woman, but I’ve had something Potter-related to look forward to for over 10 years.  Heck, I went to the midnight showing of the first movie and a few others after that.  This has been a constant.  And now a not??  How on earth can I handle that??


So, I waited… the 15th came and went… the world didn’t end.  And I relaxed.  I’m not hysterical anymore - and great thing about it is, we finally get to see a movie and NOT have it left unresolved - after all these years, resolution!!  Woohoo!!  So I reread it the other day and I’m ready.  I’m going to bawl my face off, but I’m ready.  

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...