Tuesday, August 2, 2011

OKAYIMBACK

I’m EXHAUSTED from our trip.  That’s the sign of a good trip, I think.  I miss my parents and family like a crazy person, but at least I’m at home and not wrestling with the Dude in antique-filled historic homes.  WHEW.


So, I’m pooped and trying to climb out of piles and piles of sweaty laundry -  what do you think I’m doing tonight?  


If you guessed hosting a sleepover for the Young Women from church, you’d be right.  Am I insane?


If you guessed YES, then you are also correct.  Oh, oh - and ask me what I’m doing tomorrow AFTER said really insane idea???


If you said driving teenagers to Chicago to go to the temple there, you’d also be right.  Yeah - the drive alone is at least 7 hours round-trip.  


Am I a masochist?


APPARENTLY.


The plan tonight is Pride and Prejudice (the Kiera Knightly one - we don’t have a whole week to see the BBC one) and then the Bollywood version - Bride and Prejudice.  Some pizza making, manicure-ing, and makeovers and photobooth goodness.  Except for the makeover guru won’t be here until 10pm…. I know.  I know.


Also, I’ve been agonizing over the drive to Chicago for weeks.  That’s an all day thing, and I don’t get time off from my day job.  There is no easy temp agency to call.  Plus, since I’m taking all the teenage girls to Chicago, that means all my usual babysitters are leaving town!  I have been thinking I wouldn’t go and just hope there were enough adults to handle things, but a friend who has 3 active kids of her own offered to take mine for the day.  I’d be overjoyed, but instead I have insane guilt.  Leave my kids?  With a mom who already has 3 (plus her youngest can count for at least 3 more).


So last night, one of my young women called me and asked me accusingly if I planning on not coming to the temple because of child care.   I admitted I’d considered it, and she told me in no uncertain terms that would be unacceptable, and her sister (visiting from college) had offered to stay and watch my kids.


I may have cried.


So, I’m back, and completely batty.  How YOU doin’?

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...