Thursday, August 25, 2011

overheard in my kitchen

Scene: At the table as a family for dinner. The wife is gushing about the upcoming trip to the Big City.


Wife: We only have a few weeks to plan - we have to get every single thing perfect!!


Husband: Why?


Wife: Are you kidding me?? A vacation? Without children? To NEW YORK?? This is a once in a lifetime thing!!


Husband: No, it’s not. We’ll do crazy stuff again.


Wife: Okay, true, but this is a still HUGE and we have to plan every second exactly right. We have to get the most out of every moment and see everything and do everything and…


Husband, interrupting: I don’t know what you are planning to see, but I’m mostly going for the shopping and food.


stunned silence


Wife: …That.is.the.sexiest.thing.a.man.has.ever.said.


She melts into a puddle on the floor as she realizes she is married to the most perfect man on earth.


aaaaaaand scene.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...