Thursday, November 17, 2011

glitter! but in the good way, not that awful movie way


As I tell Heidi repeatedly, if you didn't blog it, it DIDN'T HAPPEN.  So I had a bad day, glued glitter onto my shoes using among others, this easy tutorial, and then not only do I get nifty shoes, I get a whole post out of it!  Plus, it actually worked.  I rubbed them on the floor, on my clothes and hands, no glitter residue anywhere.  I did not expect to be actually successful!

AND I get to play with Picnik and make all serious-type picture-y things:


Pair of almost-dead shoes, 49 cents worth of glitter and a dollop of Elmer's glue and water (fake Mod Podge) - super cheap, and the satisfaction of blogging about it??  It's the gift that keeps on giving, people.

Although when the husband got home last night and I excitedly showed him what I'd done to an old pair of shoes, his actual response was: "...and that's an improvement?"  It's a good thing he's cute.

On the non-cutesy front, I had to go back to the doctor today for a more industrial strength antibiotic.  This headache needs to be evicted, people. Then, in a fit of "I can DO this!!" I attempted grocery shopping with the Dude in tow for the first time in at least a week.  Oh goodness.  Thankfully I'd just picked WonderGirl up from school and she tried reasoning with him and singing him songs.  It didn't work, but it amused me and distracted from all the screaming until I found a pack of fruit snacks in my coat pocket from last winter.

Don't judge.

And fruit snacks are a dangerous thing - they only buy you like a minute until the snacks are all gone and then they are railing against the injustice of only 6 small pieces of fruit snack-y things in a pack while you are back to searching for something, ANYthing to plug up their noise hole.  And in my headache-hazed state I am just not in a place to be thinking that hard right now.

Alright, enough with the bloggeting.  The Dude is asleep and it's violin and piano lesson time, woohoo!!

3 comments:

Jane said...

The shoes are AWESOME and I need to find some old ones to make new again! Do they have to be patent leather?
For The Dude I would resort to A LOT more bribery. Dole out one fruit snack at a time only after he has performed some amazing feat, like being quiet for 30 seconds. WG is smart enough to count it off for you so you don't even have to think of the numbers.

Elizabeth said...

Totally. Glittering. Me. Some. Shoes. Thank you for the inspiration. I now have a project for Saturday. Shoes...oh, old shoes...

I will totally do a post!

(I read Great Expectations having great expectations for it...stupid Charles Dickens...I blame him for my super bipolarness over the last month...)

The Atomic Mom said...

That's a pretty good idea...I mean you could do that if you needed a costume, or just for whatever...clever.

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...