I'm going to blog. It doesn't feel safe to say anything lately, but I'm pretty safe here. Y'all are kind of awesome. Saying anything on social networking sites is kind of like this:
A few few of the things stewing in my thinker lately:
* I'm reminded of the Jaredites at the end of the Book of Mormon. When their society hit the end, they were so desperate for control that they armed their women and children to attack their enemies. I relate more to the Anti-Nephi-Lehis, who abhorred violence so much they met advancing armies on their knees, praying. The world needs its Captain Moronis, and I think my husband relates more to that camp, hence the gun in our house, but I have a renewed love for the Anti-Nephi-Lehis.
* A moment of pride in my WG here. Since the husband used to work for a company that makes sippy cups, we have a LOT of sippy cups. So I send one of the full size tumblers to school in WG's lunch every day because they are handy, and they don't spill. The other day a kid asked her why she had a baby cup in her lunch, and you know what her response was? "Because I'm AWESOME!" Yes. Yes, she is.
* Read Annie's last post - devoid of the current button issues, just an example of a fabulous lady living the true spirit of Christmas. Read it. She's kind of my hero.
* There's a massive 24 hour storm coming in to the Midwest this evening. Followed by a massive blizzard. I so SO hate winter, but I have a snug home, a handy husband and a garage full of firewood. I am truly blessed.
* Also, with that winter storm coming, I decided to go ahead and make my own hamburger buns last night for sloppy joes. I like knowing I can make it myself, just in case. I used this recipe and just used all white flour instead of a mix of wheat because that's all I had.
|heck yes I instagram-ed the heck out of this. It looks awesome.|
Is that all I was going to write? I've been thinking about blogging for days but never had the time to do it and now I can't remember all the beautiful posts I organized in my head. This'll hold me for now.