Wednesday, December 19, 2012

and then I had time to blog

I'm so verklempt lately.  There's the horrible tragedy in Connecticut that has people spewing arguments right and left, the whole pants thing, and everything in between.  My faith in rational humanity is even more diminished than it was after the last election, where I sat on the sidelines and watched extremists on both sides make themselves look like psychotic angry monkeys.  And heaven forbid someone want to have a rational dialogue.  I'm so thankful for the few people left willing to listen, talk and love no matter the topic.

I'm going to blog.  It doesn't feel safe to say anything lately, but I'm pretty safe here.  Y'all are kind of awesome.  Saying anything on social networking sites is kind of like this:

But replace the older relative ruining it with a lame comment with someone you hardly know writing a long diatribe and then other people who don't even know them arguing for paragraphs and not even listening to what the other people are saying besides how they can attack it and it's beyond annoying.  I don't want to fight.  I just want to learn from other people and grow.

A few few of the things stewing in my thinker lately:


* I'm reminded of the Jaredites at the end of the Book of Mormon.  When their society hit the end, they were so desperate for control that they armed their women and children to attack their enemies.  I relate more to the Anti-Nephi-Lehis, who abhorred violence so much they met advancing armies on their knees, praying.  The world needs its Captain Moronis, and I think my husband relates more to that camp, hence the gun in our house, but I have a renewed love for the Anti-Nephi-Lehis.

* A moment of pride in my WG here.  Since the husband used to work for a company that makes sippy cups, we have a LOT of sippy cups.  So I send one of the full size tumblers to school in WG's lunch every day because they are handy, and they don't spill.  The other day a kid asked her why she had a baby cup in her lunch, and you know what her response was?  "Because I'm AWESOME!"  Yes.  Yes, she is.


* Read Annie's last post - devoid of the current button issues, just an example of a fabulous lady living the true spirit of Christmas.  Read it.  She's kind of my hero.

* There's a massive 24 hour storm coming in to the Midwest this evening.  Followed by a massive blizzard.  I so SO hate winter, but I have a snug home, a handy husband and a garage full of firewood.  I am truly blessed.

* Also, with that winter storm coming, I decided to go ahead and make my own hamburger buns last night for sloppy joes.  I like knowing I can make it myself, just in case.  I used this recipe and just used all white flour instead of a mix of wheat because that's all I had.
heck yes I instagram-ed the heck out of this.  It looks awesome.
* What was I thinking having 3 children?  What made me think I could even remotely handle that??  I'm about to lose my mind in pure fear here.  I'm potty training the Dude, trying to get WonderGirl's note reading ability up to her playing ability on the violin and wondering who the heck this boy will be and how I will give him even an ounce of attention.  So freaked out right now.  What I wouldn't give for outside piano, violin, reading, bowel movement teachers.  I am so overwhelmed with this job I took on.  It started out SO innocently, just being a caterer and a maid for one vomit monster and now this. AK.

Is that all I was going to write?  I've been thinking about blogging for days but never had the time to do it and now I can't remember all the beautiful posts I organized in my head.  This'll hold me for now.



3 comments:

The Atomic Mom said...

Joseph said he wants to come to your house, if you're having sloppy joes. He said that bun looked delightful.

I'm not watching the news because I can't deal with the CT shootings. I just can't. I'm trying very hard to keep my mouth shut about things people are saying. I just hope people consider the opportunity costs and the real consquences of knee jerk reactions. Choices will have consequences.

And, when is your due date? And do you know if you're having a boy or a girl?

Jane said...

I love that she has enough self possession at 6 to say that. I'm not I would have thought of it now.
I can come in the spring and do whatever you want me to. Even clean. :-)

The Pagets in Florida said...

The bun on the Ikea plate looks great.

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...