Saturday, April 27, 2013

i'm going to come out and say it

I think ... we're decent. Good, even. I'm afraid to say anything because I don't want to jinx things. So maybe more details later, but for now, I'm cautiously optimistic. I think I've got this. I have an almost 2 month old - has it been 7 weeks? It feels like longer. A lot longer, and not in a bad way. I can parent 3 human children and not go crazy. It's not due to any of my own skill, but rather a boatload of blessings. A husband who has far more energy and patience than a new bishop in his situation could ever have, an incredibly generous mother in law who has spent over a year battling cancer and still finds the energy to keep everything running - and I mean everything. A sister in law willing to come and hold Thing 3 for 10 days so I could get a handle on things with both hands, plus multitudes of additional tender mercies. Oh, and a sweet baby who is willing to sleep at night (please don't let saying it out loud jinx it!!).

I prayed so hard for my burdens to be lifted this time, but I was blessed with angels instead. So now... I've kind of got this. FYI.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I knew you did/would. Give yourself more credit. You're good.

Mrs. Smith said...

Awwwwww....this make me cry tears of joy for you!!!!

What's the opposite of pride AND humility? Self flagellation?

This weekend at our stake conference , our leaders spoke a few times about pride and the importance of humility.  So I did a good ol' s...