Saturday, November 8, 2014

S. A. TUR. DAY. NIGHT.

Saturdays are hard days for posting. Kids are home, husbands are home, and home is always a wreck so it kind of doesn't stop. Yay weekends. 

So instead of a substantial post, a few tidbits from my day. 

My sewing machine is being weird. 

I convinced the Dude to eat an apple. 

I also kind of convinced him that we're poor so he'd stop asking to have dinner at a restaurant. In his defense, I feel the same when I see my cooking. 

He's been riffling through the house for loose change. 

My snow boots are cracked and old, but I can't find any new ones that don't make me look like a lumberjack or cost $200. I have to wear them every day for the next 4 months so I'd rather them not look awful but where are decent boots hiding, huh??  My last pair was from Target 5 years ago didn't look awful.   Why are the internets failing me??

I WENT TO SEE A HIGH SCHOOL PLAY TONIGHT. SAINTHOOD HAS BEEN ACHIEVED. 

3 comments:

Jane said...

Look at you! Apples are awesome.
They are not perfect because sizes are limited but I have had a few good results with:
http://www.sierratradingpost.com
Which play was it? Some can be really good.

Miss D said...

You could always start a new trend: lumberjack chic. My experience so far has also been that any improvement in looks tends to compromise the ability to keep you warm. Somebody needs to fix that. Or better yet, get rid of winter.

Pisceanchick said...

I saw some nice snow boots at Walmart for $50.

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...