Friday, November 14, 2014

what language do they speak?

(I'm posting in bed from my phone and can't embed the vid. I'll do it in the morning like a nice blogger.)


We took this almost a year ago at it cracks me up for the entire 9 minutes and 41 seconds every. time. He'd been binge watching Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman and was on a game show host kick. 

It's a good reminder for me today. To remember that the Dude makes like worth living. We moved to Wisconsin for him, I'm sure of it. We're here right now for him, too. Sometimes, like this morning, I'm so overwhelmed by the idea of raising him that I can hardly breathe. I mean, the idea of raising a human period is terrifying, let alone 3 wacky outliers. The internets are forever, so I haven't documented all we're going through with all 3 out of respect to my mother, who is justifiably horrified at my lack of privacy. But oh... we've been SO blessed, I shouldn't complain. But it IS hard, mostly just being the one in charge of making life-altering decisions for them. They don't fit a single mold, and they haven't been forced to, either, which is super awesome. But life gets more complicated, and I have to prepare them for that.... but holy snap, how?? 

Tomorrow I'll be super wacky. That's not an excuse give you, like ugh, I'll post something better - I promise. It's a promise to me to force me out if my quasi Quasimodo-style isolation. I SHALL BE INTETESTING, ANON. 

1 comment:

Jane said...

You are always interesting.
I am so impressed with you and your mothering style. Your children are very blessed to have you.
I want to be just like you when I grow up!

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...